Friday, January 23, 2009

Shameless Picture Post - MS Tech Days

Over the past two days many of the people on my team attended Microsoft 2008 Tech Days - the main reason for me at least being that they had a few Silverlight presentations. Much of the content I had seen before from MIX webcasts, but I was able to pickup on some tips/classes that I just wasn't aware of before.

I left my notes at home today, so these are just off the top of my head:
- HtmlPage class : Allows access to the browser DOM, so you can actually pop open other HTML windows when you need them. I think this may come in very handy when trying to debug issues.
- I really need to start looking into binding more. I don't use it at all in my application and I'm not sure if that's because it just doesn't "fit" into my model, or because I haven't been smart enough to figure out "how" to use it.
- ... well ... I just can't remember at the moment - but I promise I'll update this when I get home and get my notebook ^^


Shameless picture... this is a large majority of the women that attended the conference, I think that Qixing [the "Women in Technology" leader] told us that only 10% of the registered attendees were female. We all had breakfast together, and it was a great way to meet new people! I'm in the front on the right side of the pic :)

















.

No comments: