Thursday, December 18, 2008

[Silverlight] Silverlight Spy - Awsome Visual Tool

While googling some random problem I was having, I bumped into this amazing [and free!] tool built by firstfloorsoftware which allows you to inspect any Silverlight application embedded in a given page.
The Explorer presents XAP Package, Isolated Storage, Application Styles, the UI Automation tree and the UI element structure of a Silverlight application. Explore the structure and view and edit the details of the selected UI element in the Details pane. Silverlight Spy works with any web page hosting Silverlight 2 content, just point the browser to the page and let the Spy figure it out.
Already this has saved me tons of heartache, as it allows me to easily traverse the visual tree of my application - which is really handy when I do so many dynamic interactions [adding/removing elements etc...]. And I haven't even begun to use the isolated storage inspection! Check it out :)

http://firstfloorsoftware.com/silverlightspy/introduction/



.

No comments: