Wednesday, October 1, 2008

[Silverlight] Silverlight Beta 2 RC0 Released

Applications built using this release will work off of the Silverlight 2 RC0 Developer Runtime only. This is not intended for public deployment, as end users will not have a way to install a suitable plug-in to view the application. No existing public versions (released or beta) of Silverlight 1.0 or 2 Beta 2 will be auto-upgraded to this runtime. This is only for developers.

See http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/sl2rc0.aspx
and http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2008/09/25/silverlight-2-release-candidate-now-available.aspx

for more including downloads and breaking changes / new features.

Problems?
After I did the update, when I ran my application in IE I was prompted with the "Install Microsoft Silverlight" button... but how could that be? I just installed the new runtime?

With a little searching I came across this:

A quick fix when updating apps to RC0...if all you get is the "Install Silverlight" button, make sure your object type in your page is changed to
application/x-silverlight-2 instead of applicatiion/x-silverlight-2-b2

And poof! Works!


.

No comments: